Sunday, February 4, 2007

More Fun...More Skiing...Less Weight

In a variety of private messages, there have been some comments (some rather nasty, I might add) about my weight. Well, tada....I'm down 10 pounds since Jan. 1 and continue on a losing path! There is no secret, it's pretty simple; eat less, exercise more. Duuuh.

The good news is that as I lose more weight, I feel more confident as a skier and that certainly showed yesterday.

Assisted on 3 scenes and in every case, was able to fully and physically assist the lead patroller without feeling confined or bunched up. Now, that's a good feeling that's going to start getting better. I've even been able to enjoy instructing much more because of my ability to move around more easily.

I've been here before, I'm commited to continuing on this path until I reach my goals (sub-200) and we'll see where we go from there.

On the very cool side of things, am being asked to assist other instructors and patrol with other patrollers which is lots of fun. The best part if being of value. My goal is to share my passion for safe skiing and assist people get to a level of confidence that allows them to overcome their fears of either never having ski'd, or being instructed poorly at the start.

Yesterday, that happened with a family of 3; Mom, Dad and 9 year old daughter. Very cool group, you could tell they were really chomping at the bit, but had a very poor experience 4 years ago in Colorado. Yesterday, after an hour they could all safely wedge, safely turn and safely ride up the lift. When I cut them loose, the dad asked me about season passes...VICTORY!

1 comment:

MikeyPDX said...

Good for you, man! I've dropped from about 190 last September to 175 now by eating less and working out more. The sled training every weekend really helps as well. I know how nice it is to have some of that lost mobility back. :)