Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A View From My Office

I'm one of those lucky few that get to work from home...and really enjoy it!

My business partner and I founded a communications technology company last year (Click The Link) and to date, we're doing quite well. One of the best parts though, I do have to admit, is being able to work from home whenever I want to.

So, yesterday, I decided "I want to" and took some time to enjoy home while it was snowing 6 inches in my yard.

First, I decided I wanted to do a hot tub, but then, I got a look at it and decided, that's probably not such a good idea. The stairs at the top of the picture go up to the deck...the small stairs go into what is likely 100 degree bubbly water. But, that's not going to happen any time soon...dab nab it.

So, after not being able to coax myself into the tub, I decided it was likely just better to get to work. Nose to the grindstone and all that for a few hours until I finally rolled back the blinds and took a look outside.

So, as we're buried deep in the woods, it was pretty cool to see the trees dusted with snow, the deck railings piled up and the backyard a total snowdesert.

Best part of all was that the girls schools were cancelled for the day so they got to hang out with me at home. Sheri too...it was quite a party.

Unfortunately, my attention was continuously called away to a software project that was being rolled out so with a tweak here and a nudge there, our developers and project management team were able to get things rolled out successfully.

Felt good to complete a 2 month project on time and within budget. Made for a great day at home.

One last view from my office window!


No comments: