Monday, January 22, 2007

It's Been 3 Weeks...

since I was last on the hill.

Due to the crummy warm, rainy and non-snowy (or snow-blowy) weather in St. Louis, our local hill has been closed.

But, this past Wednesday it was "Katie bar the door". Everyone came out to ski and I was one of them.

Thursday night was more on-hill ski patroller training, Saturday was ski patrol and ski instructing and Sunday was 6 hours of ski instructing. Yeah, I had a darned big time blast!!!

Saturday afternoon both Katie and Kimmy were out boarding. It's so darned cool to see both of your daughter's having so much fun with an activity that I love so much. Kimmy even started "double-planking" with a friend of hers. Of course, she couldn't stay out of the park (glad she used rental ski's). Katie was rocking toe-side on Saturday. I've so impressed with how proficient and good she's gotten on the board. She's a little freaked out by the steep/ice, but being the trooper she is, she's taking step-by-step and getting more proficient and comfortable.

Sunday, Kimmy and I drove together to the hill while she was working in the rental shop and I was instructing. Missed having dinner with her (I was instructing when she called for her break)...but did get a chance to meet up with her later before I left and she went out to dinner with friends.

Saturday night, took a hot tub and had a big ole robusto cigar while I was cleaning the muscles. Calves and thighs are totally barking today, but it's that really good kind of bark!

More posts and pics to follow!

1 comment:

MikeyPDX said...

Glad you got to get back out there! Here's hoping for more snow for ya.